In today’s hectic urban life, our attention is mostly limited to the exterior appearance of the car, while other critical components of the car, such as tyres, are thrown to the wind. Tyres are an essential component of your vehicle, and because they are the only point of contact with the road, they require special care. Because of the intense heat during the summer, it is critical to maintain your car tyres.
It is critical to check your tyre pressures on a regular basis. Your tyres will naturally lose pressure over time, so keep an eye on pressure levels and top up with air as needed to avoid tyre damage from under inflation. Here are the 7 useful tyre care tips as follows:
- Visual inspection: Make it a habit to visually inspect your tyres on a regular basis. It’s best to do it twice a month. Keep an eye out for any cuts or other irregularities. A visual inspection will also show you if there are any objects lodged in the tyres. You may not realize it until the damage has been done.
- Check air pressure: A regular check on tyre pressure will not only keep tyres from getting punctured, but will also help you achieve better fuel efficiency. To maintain and ensure maximum tyre lifespan, safety, and handling, it is critical to keep tyre pressures at the manufacturer’s recommended levels.
- Tyre rotation: Tyre rotation does not need to be done as frequently as a visual inspection of the tyres. The significant difference is due to differences in road conditions, vehicle type, driving habits, tyre type, and so on. As a result, considering your circumstances, ensure that you rotate the tyres.
- Balancing and alignment: Tyre balancing and alignment are two methods for ensuring the safety and longevity of your tyres. Vibrations while driving, uneven tread wear, and pulling to one side are all signs that your wheels need to be rebalanced or realigned.
- Avoid overloading: The load index is the maximum weight that a tyre can support. The greater the height, the more weight it can support. The load index is printed on the sidewall of the tyre. Loading a tyre beyond its maximum weight reduces its overall life. Furthermore, due to excess weight, the tyre may blow out.
- Need to be cautious with the jack: A hydraulic car jack should be used when changing the tyre because it is safe and easy to use, as well as being reliable for the person replacing the tyre. If a hydraulic car jack is not available, the regular jack supplied by the car manufacturer will suffice.
- Size of the wheel bolts: Wheel bolts are typically supplied by the vehicle manufacturer; simply ensure that the bolts used are not too short or too long. If they are too short, the wheel may pop out, and if they are too long, the suspension of the car may be damaged.
At Mega Fix Tyres, we provide comprehensive auto and car wheel alignment services in Al Nahda, so regardless of your model, we go out of our way to ensure that your car performs optimally and that you drive away completely satisfied. If you are looking for tyre repair services at Al Nahda, contact us.