If there is any judder or vibration on the steering wheel while stopping, this could indicate that the rotor isn’t as flat as it should be. When the disc that stops a vehicle is resurfaced to rejuvenate the surface, this is referred to as brake rotor skimming. It can increase the lifespan of a vehicle’s brake discs. The process can be repeated multiple times during its life, giving us the option of having the procedure done frequently for maintenance rather than replacing the discs before they are needed.
The brake disc skimming process begins by removing all of the wheels and measuring the brake disc and brake hub. This allows the technicians to inspect the parts for wear and tear as well as any defects. The disc is then resurfaced to remove any irregularities and return it to an even surface.
Brake discs can be skimmed multiple times during their lifetime. Brake discs must meet a minimum standard in order to be roadworthy and legal. Making skimming a viable option for some clients. If you are an experienced driver, you have probably experienced a brake pedal that vibrates, squeals, or performs poorly, and you have probably tried many expensive options to replace your brake discs or pads to address the problem for many years.
Brake skimming can be performed more than once in the lifetime of a brake disc, giving us the option of having the service performed on a regular basis rather than having the brake discs replaced when we do not need to. This can be done on a regular basis to extend the life of the brake disc. There are numerous advantages to choosing brake skimming. Here are some of the problems it can help with:
- It can reduce squealing, existing corrosion in your discs, and help you prepare for MOT tests by improving your vehicle’s brake efficiency.
- It can remove the worn lip on your disc from repeated braking, as well as particles, rust, and dust that may interfere with your vehicle’s braking capacity.
- It can help you solve brake system vibration issues and save money on vehicle maintenance.
- It can prevent squeaking, squealing, juddering, and pulsing in your brake system.
- It is capable of removing friction debris or material that has become embedded in the brake disc.
- It can improve the performance of your braking system and keep you safe on the road.
- It will result in a noticeable improvement in the performance of your braking system.
At Mega Fix Tyres, we provide comprehensive auto services, so regardless of your model, we go out of our way to ensure that your car performs optimally and that you drive away completely satisfied. If you are looking for car brake repair in Al Nahda, contact us.