Oil is your car’s lifeline, and if you don’t check engine oil as needed, you risk a major crisis such as engine repairs or even engine replacement! When it comes to car maintenance, this should be at the top of your priority list.
While it is critical that you understand the significance of changing your oil, you should also be aware of the warning signs that indicate that your engine oil needs to be changed. It is critical to change the engine oil in a car. Many people are unaware of this and simply over-drive their engine oil. They use their engine oil past its useful life, which can be detrimental to the engine’s overall life. Here are the important signs that you need to check for a car oil change:
- Low Oil Level: It’s a good idea to get into the habit of regularly checking your oil. It should only take a few seconds to use the dipstick under your hood. If you check your oil level and it is low, you may have an oil leak or simply need an oil change.
- Dark/Burnt Oil: In addition to the oil level, you should inspect the fluid quality. If your oil is dark, thick, or smells burnt, you should change it as soon as possible to avoid engine problems.
- Warning Lights: Many modern vehicles have service lights that indicate when an oil change is due. Some use sensors to monitor oil levels or engine performance. Others may simply have a mileage set by the mechanic who serviced the vehicle the most recently. A low oil level can also cause the check engine light or the oil pressure light to illuminate. In any case, pay attention to your warning lights and perform any necessary maintenance/repairs.
- Excess Exhaust Smoke: An increase in exhaust smoke can indicate that the engine is running low on oil. It could also be an issue with the exhaust/emissions system.
- Engine Overheating: If an engine does not have enough clean oil flowing through it, it can overheat. Again, an overheating engine could indicate a problem with the cooling system that should be investigated.
- Engine Performance Issues: Your engine’s performance may suffer as a result of low or old engine oil. It may be difficult to start the car and get the engine to turn over. When you come to a complete stop, it may stall or idle rough. Strange ticks and other noises may also alert you that something is wrong.
- Burning Oil Smell: If you smell burnt oil while driving, you may have an oil leak. The smell could be caused by oil dripping onto hot engine parts, or by low/bad oil running through the engine and causing excessive friction.
- Loss of Fuel Economy: Finally, you may notice that your vehicle isn’t getting good gas mileage. This could be a problem with the fuel system, exhaust system, wheel alignment, tyre air pressure, transmission, or engine. It could also mean that you need to get your oil changed as soon as possible.
At Mega Fix Tyres, we provide comprehensive auto and oil change in Al Nahda, so regardless of your model, we go out of our way to ensure that your car performs optimally and that you drive away completely satisfied. If you are looking for battery replacement car oil change in Al Nahda contact us.